Wet wipes Packaging
We have assembled the largest Wet wipes packaging technical FAQ library in the world. Written by a team of experts to help you find the most innovative Wet wipes packaging solution in the market.
Sign up to get access to the private area
Ask us about Wet wipes packaging. We can help, promise.
We really want to help you. Our Company, PFM has a wide range of dedicated cutting and wrapping lines for the wet wipes packaging sector. We can develop custom-designed, innovative solutions, including automatic lines. We provide a wide rage of Wet wipes Flow Wrap packaging machinerySign Up
Product Information FAQs
Find the best wet wipes product packaging Answers
for Wet Wipes
A wide range of machines: flow pack horizontal machines, vertical form fill and seal machines, multi-head weighing systems and loading systems that produce aesthetically appealing and robust packages that are ideal also for products having different shapes and dimensions.
Wet wipes Packaging Primer
A product experiencing remarkable growth all over Europe
Wet wipes play a key role in the international market because they are convenient and easy to use.
A wet wipe for every need
- Wet wipes for cosmetic use: to remove make-up and nail varnish, to exfoliate, moisturise, etc.
- Wet wipes for cleaning: deodorant, refreshing, to clean your hands
- Wet wipes for babies: during nappy changing, to clean the face, hands, eyes and ears
- Wet wipes for household cleaning
- Wet wipes for cars
- Wet wipes for cleaning and freshening up pets
In Europe disposable wet wipes for skin care and feminine hygiene are by far the most important of the above and have been experiencing an increase in the last three years.
If we were to make a list of the top products, the first place would go to skin care wet wipes, followed by the baby care and feminine hygiene ones. After that, we have products for shaving and hair removal, personal care and deodorant.
Wet wipes: make space for innovation
Another type of wet wipes that have experienced a certain success lately are those for hair care: in January 2013 new wet wipes were launched on the American market, suitable for hair and clothes that neutralize odours and are often considered potential competitors of dry shampoos.
Alongside the cosmetic and hygiene sector there is household cleaning:
large wet wipes to clean floors, furniture, windows, and other surfaces and specific for electrical appliances (wet wipes for ovens, fridges, TV sets, screens and high-tech surfaces).
The wet wipes market
Thanks to potential new consumers and to the innovations that producers will launch, the disposable wet wipes market is looking up.
In particular, in 2012 the market value of the baby care sector (wet wipes and nappies) was at around 1008 million Euro, and is expected to reach 1162 million Euro by 2017.
PACKAGING WET WIPES
PFM: a packaging for every wet wipe
From the individually wrapped pack to the family pack with resealable adhesive flap or rigid top. PFM has tackled the hygiene, wet wipes and tissues market with totally dedicated machines and lines that are the result of years of research and technological streamlining, obtained also thanks to collaboration with the main players of the sector at international level.
The requirements of disposable wet wipes producers
- High average production capacity.
- Completely air-tight seals.
- Appealing packages.
- High operating flexibility.
- Fast and easy line cleaning.
Lines dedicated to wet wipes flexible packaging
- High average production capacity: obtained thanks to independent multi-conveyor line loading units, to the Long Dwell sealing system, which ensures air-tight seals at high revolution rates, to the high performance hardware and to its software which is the result of many years of research and experience.
- Air-tight seals: thanks to the Long Dwell sealing system (patented by PFM) that given the same pressure and temperature increases the sealing time, compared to traditional systems.
- Appealing packages: experience makes perfect. The forming tube treats the film delicately and with precision while the sealing systems are correctly positioned: all this makes for perfect, crease-free flow-wrap packages.
- High operating flexibility: the same automatic feeding and packaging line by PFM can produce the disposal wet wipe pack and the family pack. Any component can be adjusted, is easily accessed and user-friendly.
- Fast and easy cleaning: the horizontal flow-pack machines dedicated to this sector have the “film feeding from the bottom” feature. This prevents the sealing units that are located in the top position from coming into contact with the product or the liquid that may seep out. In addition to that, the lines were designed with a cantilever construction approach. This particular construction system allows a strict partition between the front and the back parts of the machine. On the front part there are only the sealing units and the product handling units, whereas on the back of the machine, in separated and protected environments, there are the mechanical and electronic components. The front part is free from any obstacle and can be quickly and easily cleaned.
- Perfect integration: PFM packaging machines dedicated to the wet wipe packaging sector can be perfectly integrated with automatic labelling machines and cap application and closing systems, also automated.